Tuesday, March 14, 2006

"No show" by Steve Jones. Lydon show to be rebroadcast.

Well "see her," eh (West Coast of Scotland accent) och no and on this rubbishy shite monitor too. She doesnae give me ony time eh, just throws another yin at me eh? Says, "publish publish publish!" (BBC type accent)and you know what? I do, (thats enough accents) cos we just LOVE it and so do you. So without much more in the way of an interesting introductory speech here is another piece from the HOF for you all to mull over and Kintyre over too if you so desire.

This one went out over Indie 103.1 LA. and OC. area and over the Internet on 13.3.06 see I have an exact date this time whoooo hoooooo.

Tina is at the controls:

No Show By Steve Jones March 13, 2006

S: I have a great time with Mr. John Lydon on the Box Friday. A lot of people didn't see it. I mean, sorry, didn't hear it and were moaning...like a ridiculous amount of people didn't hear it that wanted to hear it, so what we're gonna do here, we're gonna rebroadcast it Friday so you can hear it. And I'll keep telling ya thoughout the week that we're going to rebroadcast it so there will be no excuses. Do you understand? Yes, I thought so. Okay. How are you, Mr. Shovel?

Mr. Shovel: I'm good.

Steve: Yeah?

Mr. Shovel: Yeah. So, today at the Waldorf Astoria a group of people are getting together to induct the Pistols into the Hall of Fame.

Steve: In New York?

Mr. Shovel: Yup.

Steve: Waldorf Astoria. Yeah. What does that mean, it means uh...

Mr. Shovel: It means it's happening and you're not there.

Steve: Yes...I am quite aware of that, Mr. Shovel.

Mr. Shovel: Yes, we know. I just wanted to acknowledge, even thought you decided not to go, that that's pretty, pretty cool, and congratulations.

Steve: Well, it hasn't happened yet. Maybe at the last minute they'll pull the plug. That would be, that would be a really dumb move on their part, if they didn't put us in there. Just supposing, don't you think?

Mr. Shovel: That would kind of fit the whole career mold, wouldn't it?

Steve: Yeah. So, today on this gorgeous day, the Thirteenth of March, 2006, I'm gonna play songs by the Pistols, cover songs, songs that were inspired and so on and so forth. And ah, I think it's gonna be a fun two hours. (can be heard picking up his guitar) Is there a song in there anywhere, Mister Shovelle Couture? (strums guitar)

Mr. Shovel: I believe there is.

Steve: What is it? I need two words, please.

Mr. Shovel: No show.

Steve: No show.

(starts to play)

Rock and no show, no show
Rock and no show, no show
Rock and roll
Rock and Roll Hall of Two-Bob


Rock and no show, no show
Rock and Roll show, no show
Rock and Roll show, no show
two-bob

I've got me own wall of fame
right in front of me
we're not going down in flame
because I'm a no-show

I’ve got a-cd’s in front of me
All the good stuff from a song
I ain’t goin’ to New York City
Because we’ve got everything
right here now

(Mr. Shovel plays the recording of the angry man yelling, “No! No No No No!” in the back ground)

No-show Rock and Roller
No-show Rock and Roller
No-show Rock and Roller, no-show
No-show Rock and Rollers
No-show Rock and Rollers
No-show, n-o-o-o show


No-show Rock and Rollers
No-show Rock and Rollers
No-show Rock and Rollers
We ain’t goin’

No-show Rock and Roller
No-show Rock and Roller
No-show
No no no no show

No-show Rock and Roller
No-show Rock and Roller
No-show Rock and Roller
Rock and Roll no-show
No show
Oh, no-show
Oh, no-show


Transcription by Tina aka. the TrAnScRiBeR. Stream of Coatbridge Caledonian Consciousness Chriswasanon.

Steppin' up - do any of you think I have a clue???

No comments: