Tuesday, July 18, 2006

From July 17

Steve: You are listening to Jonesy’s Jukebox on Indie 1031. Seven, six and a half minutes after twelve bells. You know, we don’t start at twelve. Who starts on time? No one. It’s very hot outside and not pleasant. All over the weekend, well as you know, I don’t need to tell you what it was like here. If you’re from, if you’re on the internet, from some other state, it was, it’s pretty brutal here right now, with the humidity. It even rained last night. Lightning…it’s got to be an earthquake coming soon. It’s got to be. We haven’t had one, a proper one, in over ten years. But not to be alarmed. It makes you wonder, I mean I don’t like saying it cos it’s so trendy to say the “global warming” thing, but it’s weird that it’s just, I’ve never known it to be this humid this time of the year. It’s normally June, you know…it normally don’t get this hot ‘til like, September and August. It’s weird. But I don’t like it. It’s so uncomfortable. And my power went out yesterday. No, Saturday night, I’m sitting there, playing Playstation all of a sudden, all shut down. And…what do I do now? Started getting hot by the second, cos I had the ole air conditioning on, which I don’t like using, but I was forced to do that, and I’m like, “You know what? I’m just going to go to Malibu. So I packed up my ole kit bag and football boots and went to Malibu. Played football the next day went a few other places, got home around five in the afternoon – power’s still out. There’s about five of them big trucks on me street. You know the big Water and Power trucks? I think one of them big, you know them big drums things that go on the top, you know them big…

Mr. Shovel: Blew up?

Steve: I dunno if it blew up, but…they were putting a new one in there. So I’m glad I split, cos it obviously hadn’t been turned on for like over 24 hours. Almost 24 hours, actually. Don’t want to exaggerate. So that was pretty…and it makes you wonder how much we rely on electricity. It ain’t pleasant without it…so God knows what would happen if that actually happens, all the power goes out for, because of overuse, whatever reason. There will be chaos on ze streets. So, always have a good supply of water in your house. People think I’m crazy cos I have all that stuff, they’re like, “You’re insane”. I’m like, “Am I? We’ll see who’s insane”, when armagedeonupadingdong happens. You know what I mean? Don’t come knocking at my door. “Oh, no. You don’t want to come here. I’m ‘insane’”. Huh? Yeah. You know who you are…

No comments: