Tuesday, June 13, 2006

From June 12


World Cup Willie from way back when, after the taxidermist finished his work.

Welcome back to chriswasanon! Where Tina, Where's Wullie? No se! This is the part of the Internet where we serve for you the juicest freshest cuts of Steve Jones the Jukebox of Indie 103.1 fm. with the Sure Mr. Shovel and any guest. We call it transcription. Now read on...Ah there's Willie. Was he there earlier? Nay. He went missing! Maybe I didn't stick him in there real good. I thought he was there when I left in the morn but perhaps he sort of wandered off. He does seem indifferent.

As far as Wigtown is concerned for the World Cup, I expect a mighty roar to emerge from the flats (apartments) on this particular Thursday when Trinidad and Tobago meet Sven's boys. There is nae real luve to be had fi England FC. in Scotland - with a few notable exceptions.

Spain 3.

So I have been in Spain for a week, my dear and that seemeth so short. One minute Tortilla and Zumo Naranja, orange juice from the tree, the next it's backski to the ole baked beans and pot noodles duh. Ah such is life. Of course whilst away, Albion was blessed by sultry hot weather. Typical eh? Don't let these ex pats tell you that Britain is an unpleasant country with sticky summers and constant rain and misery. They would say that. Come over and see for yourself how ghastly it is...

Black Widow News.

True the UK. doesn't have the abundance of wildlife (serpentos, scorpions, donkeys, goats, slave driver ants, geckos, lizards, spiders) that say Spain possesses. It's mostly cats and dogs here with the odd llama and deer, wild cat, hodgeheg, badger, rabbit, demented chicken and hare thrown in. I do not need to provide you with an exhaustive list of the wild life.

No frills thrills news.

Twas a plane from Malaga in a contracted Jordanian airlines airbus 310 from the aerodrome that brought us back over the Bay of Biscay. On the left, upon descent over British sovereign territory- along the west coast, the Isle of Man and the Mull of Galloway and beyond that Ireland itself. All too soon - final approach. Skid of tyres, kiss Glasgow airport tarmac then wave to pilot and crew in cockpit peering at disgorgment of passengers and rush through the blue channel customs with 0 to declare.

Turron, limones, oranges, fresh figs from the tree, yes fresher than fresca...advocados...250 grams of tabac from Gib Al tariq for Euro 9.99. A load of old bus tickets and a tan that says.

"You been to Bournemouth mate?"

That's enough cheap holiday.

The Steve myspace profile news. Here we see a fine example of the Cross of St George.

Other Indie News. The Indie Dog lives! He wuz 'acked. Probly...So add old dawg to your www.myspace.com but watch out for the poop!

Well now what has Tina served up for you today?

Oh I see...

Next week the Great Barbary Ape theft.

CwA

Tina IS at the Controls!

Steve: You’re listening to Jonesy’s Jukebox on Indie 1031, on Monday morning, 3 ½ after twelve bells. What an exciting week of footy. Watched USA get slaughtered this morning, three-nil against the Czech Republic. It was a big upset, but they’re a good team. They’re in a tough group, USA. Really in a tough group. So I wasn’t surprised. I thought they would have done a bit better.

Mr. Shovel: So, what does that mean? Does that mean they’re done?

Steve: No, they’re not done. They have to win the next game, you know…there’s four teams in a group to get to the next stage and Italy is in their group and it’s a, you know, it’s a tough, tough group to be in. But they absolutely got slaughtered and it didn’t even look like they were gonna, they had a couple of little…there was no flow with them at all, you know. They looked completely overwhelmed.

Mr. Shovel: And they were at a disadvantage because they had those helmets and shoulder pads.

Steve: Yes exactly, Mr. Shovel. Time out. Umm…what else is happening?

Mr. Shovel: How you liking that hybrid?

Steve: I love it. I do love it. I haven’t put any gas, it’s been a week now, today, actually. But I’ve not put any gas in it. It’s getting low, I think I’m going to have to put some in soon, but it’s fun. It’s a fun little motor. I do like it. I do like it. Umm, I’ve just been watching football since it started basically, Friday. England played Saturday. They didn’t look too sharp either, to be honest with you. They beat, they won, one-nil from a set-piece - a free kick that Beckham scored. Basically took a free kick and it went off the other team’s head and went in the goal…we didn’t look that sharp. But I’ve got a feeling when we play Thursday against Trinidad that it’s gonna be a…I think we’re gonna really shine, I’ve got a feeling.

Mr. Shovel: What time is that?

Steve: That’s at nine o’clock. I’ll be able to watch that one.

Mr. Shovel: A.M. or P.M.?

Steve: I’ll be here.

Mr. Shovel: Okay.

Steve: I’ll be here. That’s (from) nine to eleven. That’s what time the USA game was today. Australia – what a great game that was. They played Japan. Japan was up, one-nil, kind of a suspect goal and Australia come back to win three-one. Great game. That was like, one of the best games I’ve seen in the tournament so far. Yeah, I’m loving it. I think there’s a game on now. I think Italy…we don’t have ESPN here, do we? Do we only have the…what was we watching when I came in last week?

Mr. Shovel: That was Univision or one of the…

Steve: Is that the Spanish station? Oh, it might be on, then. I think Italy’s playing. Right now, actually, it started at twelve so I’ll have a little flick on the TV, see if it’s working, see if it’s on there. Um…am I forgetting anything?

Mr. Shovel: Well, we have this big announcement to make later about your screening of “Filth and Fury”. (sic)

Steve: Are we having a big announcement later so I won’t say nothing now, then?

Mr. Shovel: Well, this is what ya call a “tease”.

Steve: Oh, okay. Well, you tease ‘em then and I’ll say it later.

Mr. Shovel: All right. Okay. Well, we’re going to be screening “The Filth And The Fury” at an outdoor location with bands playing before and after the film, doing Sex Pistols songs and you will be broadcasting from there live and we’ll have more about it later.

Steve: And that…is that what you call a “tease”?

Mr. Shovel: That’s a “tease”!

Steve: Oh. That’s great. I’ll have to learn stuff like that.

Mr. Shovel: Yeah, what you do is that you don’t give all the information.

Steve: Oh, I get it, to make people stay listening.

Mr. Shovel: Yes.

Steve: Well, maybe you scared people off now…

Mr. Shovel: They might go, “Well, forget it.”

Steve: …”Who wants to go to that?” All right, keeping the theme, keeping the theme – The World Cup. Gonna play a bit of Lonnie Donegan there, “World Cup Willie”.

No comments: