Thursday, June 08, 2006

From June 7th

Steve: (strikes a chord on guitar) Avon calling. You’re listening to Jonesy’s Jukebox on Indie 1031, on a lovely midweek Wednesday, four minutes after twelve bells. We run a tight ship. I believe we’ve got the June Gloom comin’ on, so don’t be alarmed. It’s all the way it’s supposed to be.

Mr. Shovel: I’m glad to have you back.

Steve: Oh, yeah…from my out-of-body experience yesterday, is that what you mean?

Mr. Shovel: It was weird, just looking into that one big eyeball.

Steve: Yes. Well that’s, you know, sometimes you have to go to an outer body to become a higher being, you know - this Incubus Succubus the Sixth. I enjoyed it, though. I don’t remember any of it cos you kind of just black out when you take on someone else. But, I heard the rebroadcast. At that point, I was back to my normal self. I’m like, “Who’s that guy? He sounds weird…oh, it’s Incubus.” (sighs) Actually got a couple of emails from some people saying that they hated it. They changed channels. I don’t get it.

Mr. Shovel: Some people don’t like clowns.

Steve: I know, exactly. I mean, look what they did to Jesus.

Mr. Shovel: Exactly. Clowns, Jesus…

Steve: He couldn’t please everyone, could he? (They) put that poor sod on a cross.

Mr. Shovel: You can make as many fish as you want, some people aren’t gonna like ‘em.

Steve: That’s right. You can’t please everyone. I don’t want to please everyone. Got to please yourself and push it outwards. You know what I mean? It’s impossible to please everybody, innit?

Mr. Shovel: What do you mean, “Push it outwards”?

Steve: You do what you do because you like it. Let’s say: the show, Jonesy’s Jukebox - you stick by what you like…it ridiculous if I try to please people. So you do what you like and then you let it go, you push it out and see if – you don’t even “see”, you just push it out and…you know, you always get some knuckleheads. (reconsiders) They’re not knuckleheads. Listen, if they’re sending me an email, they’re taking their time out to do something. You know, most people who say, listen to Jonesy’s Jukebox, they don’t email or do anything. They just listen and they like it or they don’t like it. If they don’t like it, they won’t listen, if they like it, they don’t like, gotta tell ya you know, what they think of it. That’s what I’d be like. It’s like when I go and see a band. If I like a band, I don’t go up to the front and start dancing. You know what I mean?

Mr. Shovel: And if you don’t like ‘em, what do you do?

Steve: Well, um, I’ll probably leave.

Mr. Shovel: Do you send them an email?

Steve: I’m not going to go up to the front and say, “You suck”, you know? What you gonna do. What you gonna do. I went and saw a movie last night - fantastic, Mr. Shovel. I command everyone to go and see it.

Mr. Shovel: “It”, being…

Steve: I can’t tell you what I saw.

Mr. Shovel: All right then.

Steve: But everybody…

Mr. Shovel: I’ll make sure I go.

Steve: Everybody needs to see it. It’s the Al Gore movie? You know the one? Inconveniently…The Truth?

Mr. Shovel: ” Inconvenient Truth"?

Steve: I think that’s what it’s called.

Mr. Shovel: Yeah?

Steve: It was fantastic, fantastic. I’m so glad I got my Prius. I feel like I’m doing me part as well as saving gas and getting some hairy, hippie birds, I’m glad I got the car. It’s a, very um…I never was really drawn to Al Gore before. But when you see this, you get a different a…different look on the bloke, you know? And I don’t think there’s an agenda cos he obviously ain’t runnin’ anymore is he, for any presidential…whatever?

Mr. Shovel: Not just yet.

Steve: But he’s a…you’ve got to see it. I don’t want to like…I’m not gonna preach to anybody. At the end it says, “Things to do”, to do things better, and one of the things is, “Tell people to go and see this movie”. So I’m ahead of the game.

Mr. Shovel: If you made that movie, obviously…

Steve: No, no no no no. It’s not like that, Shovel. I’m doing my part, mate.

Mr. Shovel: Okay, then.

Steve: I bought my car - Prius car, I recycle and I’m telling people to go and see this movie to get some information about where we’re heading. And I think it’s brilliant. One of the best documentaries I’ve seen, as far as putting it out there and not ramming it down your throat and saying, “This is what we’ve gotta do. They’re the idiots!” It’s kind of just giving you the info on the state of the global warming, of where it’s going and you know, it’s all covered. You know, the skeptics say, “Yeah, well this happens” and I was a skeptic myself. But after you see this, if this is all true, what they’re saying? Then, you know…I wouldn’t want to have a baby because he’s not going to have a good time when he’s older, the way we’re going. But there you are. I’m just doing my bit. Go and watch that movie. “Inconvenience The Truth”…I forget what it’s called.

Mr. Shovel: Wait, wait. If you don’t want to have a baby, then the world’s gonna get taken over by stupid people.

Steve: Yes. But, the people who have babies, have their babies listening to my show and they become intelligent.

Mr. Shovel: Okay.

Steve: See, I don’t need to have a baby to have people (become) intelligent. They just listen to The Box and then they become intelligent. Or they go to the wayside if they can’t comprehend the magnitude of my super-intelligence. It’s quite easy, really. Do you understand?

Mr. Shovel: No, I can’t comprehend it…

Steve: Okay, I’m gonna play a song.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

No comments: