Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Steve and Shovel "Can you put me on the guest list.?"

Welcome back to chriswasanon from a bright and sunny neothological S.W. corner of Scotland. The TrAnsCriber has cooked up another little goodie for you all. I've been to a gig right?...a concert and there I've stood at the door hanging onto something to stop the place from spinning around and now I come to think of it, I have said this more times than beans make five.

"I'm the Pontifex Maximus, you may kiss my ring!"

I am informed that this one went out over Indie. 103.1 radio LA. and OC. and other places in and around Los Angeles and A X the Inter rent on March 20. 2006.

Tina is at the controls...

Steve: You’re listening to Jonesy’s Jukebox on Indie 1031 on a kind-of-not-sure kind of weather today. Not sure if it’s gonna rain or shine. I’d lay money on a bit of moisture today. Wanna bet, Mr. Shovel it's gonna rain?

Mr. Shovel: No, I don’t…because I think it’s gonna.

Steve: Yeah? Did you have a word with your dad?

Mr. Shovel: Yes.

Steve: The neothologist? (sic)

Mr. Shovel: He told me a low pressure system is coming through, with the cumulonimbus clouds.

Steve: Hmm, fantastic. Um, we’ve got Todd…we’ve got the new Cars coming in at one o’clock, which is Todd Rundgren and I think, about two…at least two originals from The Cars. That’ll be fun, do a bit of jamming. I’m looking forward to that. Um mum mum…ooh mao mao mum mum ooh mao mao…(to Mr. Shovel) What?

Mr. Shovel: What’s that on your pinky?

Steve: I think they’re called, “rings”.

Mr. Shovel: You’ve got a pinky ring.

Steve: Yes. It’s a John Gotti special. It’s gold, with a diamond in the middle. Do you want to kiss it?

Mr. Shovel: No.

Steve: Why? Am I embarrassing you? Everyone else has kissed it.

Mr. Shovel: Yeah?

Steve: You have no interest?

Mr. Shovel: No.

Steve: Aw, Mr. Shovel. When are you gonna come around? (both laugh)

Mr. Shovel: You’ve got to get a couple of drinks in me, Steve.

Steve: How was uh, your, your adventure to South By Northeast?

Mr. Shovel: Yeah, we had a blast in Austin, for sure.

Steve: Yeah?

Mr. Shovel: Yup.

Steve: See a lot of bands?

Mr. Shovel: Saw a lot of bands, saw a lot of people. Didn’t see a lot of bands that we wanted to see ‘cause uh, it’s hard to get in everywhere. Saw the Pretenders on Saturday night.

Steve: Who was in the band, do you know?

Mr. Shovel: Well, uh Chrissie and uh, the original drummer, Martin Chambers. The other two guys obviously weren’t there. The original guys, they’re dead. The guys playing were great, I don’t know who they were.

Steve: Hmm. She’s playing at the House of Pancakes, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Mr. Shovel: That’s right.

Steve: Hopefully we can get her in here Wednesday. I would love to have her on The Box. Got the Sparks coming in tomorrow. Tomorrow’s their release date of their new album. We’re gonna be jamming with the Sparks. So it’s looking like its going to be one of them busy weeks.

Mr. Shovel: Excellent.

Steve: I hope so. We are starting to film shows now, out of my own pocket. I’ve hired some people, gonna film the shows and try and turn The Box…

Mr. Shovel: You know, I’m a member of SAG.

Steve: Yeah?

Mr. Shovel: Yeah.

Steve: So what’s that mean?

Mr. Shovel: Means you’ve got to pay me.

Steve: Yeah?

Mr. Shovel: Yeah.

Steve: You leave. I’ll get someone else to do it then.

Mr. Shovel: Okay.

Steve: It’s easier.

Mr. Shovel: All right.

Steve: You still want to be paid?

Mr. Shovel: Yeah.

Steve: See ya later.

Mr. Shovel: Okay bye.

Steve: Can you, can you…Ollie, can you man the boards? Do you know how to work a board here?

Mr. Shovel: It’s actually video, it’s not film.

Steve: It’s none of your business what it is. I’m talking to you, Ollie. Can you…

Ollie: (in background, indecipherable)

Steve: Okay, we’ll figure it out, in a minute. Let’s wait until Mr. Shovel starts the show, then we’ll kick him out. So, Pretenders…Morrissey played, right?

Mr. Shovel: Yup.

Steve: and uh…

Mr. Shovel: Beastie Boys did a show. There was a lot of great bands, you know, not huge bands playing. That’s the thing there, it’s a lot of bands, you know, kind of…new bands or bands that are just coming around and getting known. Spinto Band was great.

Steve: Splinter Band?

Mr. Shovel: Spinto. Lotta just…so many bands playing at once, you couldn’t get to everything.

Steve: Yeah. It’s like at Disneyland. You can’t get on every ride.

Mr. Shovel: Right. You just spend most of the day standing in line.

Steve: Yeah. You had to stand in line?

Mr. Shovel. No. We spent most of out time texting people going, “Where you at?” “Where you at?” “Where you at?”. “Gotta get us in” “Gotta get us in” “Can’t get in, gotta get us in!”

(Steve begins strumming his guitar)

Steve: There must be a song in there somewhere. (plays some more) Isn’t there?

Mr. Shovel: It’s called, “I’m On The List, But There’s No List”...

Joint. Tina and Chriswasanon production with more to follow? Check back often!

No comments: